Monday, February 5, 2007

Strangers

Strangers are a strange people. Okay, I'am probably not the first person to have made this remarkable observation but it still continues to excite me. I came across my first interesting stranger last week. There was some mystery about her that still haunts me (even if you discount it for the convenient coincidence that the stranger belonged to the opposite sex)! Frankly even my wildest fantasies about this stranger have been strictly platonic. All I really wanted was a peek into the stranger's life and that too while she was just living life ordinarily. No special effects. No frills. Sounds like a setting straight out of a reality TV show, but its really the idiosyncrasies of people that make them interesting. The obsession with a stranger probably exists because when you spend time with a person you're sure you're never going to meet again you have nothing to lose. Your guard is down and you don't give a damn about making an impression. The fork and the knife may be in the wrong hands and you'll probably even belch a couple of times but hell, nobody is judging you. Alright, now that I'am trespassing into the realm of psychology I better sign off. Hoping to catch up with the stranger sooner or later.

1 comment:

Harini said...

"The obsession with a stranger probably exists because when you spend time with a person you're sure you're never going to meet again you have nothing to lose"

And everything to gain, perhaps! :)